Cheryl is the award-winning CEO and co-founder of Do Big Things, a digital agency that creates new narrative and new tech for a new era focused on causes and campaigns. Cheryl was a co-founder of social marketing software Attentive.ly at Blackbaud, the first tech startup with a black female founder on board in history to be acquired by a NASDAQ-traded company. Cheryl is also proud to be a co-founder of the tech inclusion initiative #YesWeCode.
Chery’s book, “Mechanical Bull: How You Can Achieve Startup Success” is a must own for all startup teams. Buy it, consume it, learn from it.
- Skills: Marketing, Content, Software Development, Ecosystems
- Industry: Social Entrepreneurship, Mission-Driven / Non-Profits, Government
In this episode of MEET THE MENTOR, Chris Heuer and Cheryl Contee discuss mission-driven startups, the importance of believing in yourself and trusting your instincts, having an exit strategy in mind as you are building your business, and to always be thinking about the relationships you are building to ensure you have allies sitting on the same side of the table with you if/when you ever need it.
Do you need more startup expertise on your team?
With our holistic approach and the depth / breadth of our experiences, there are many different solutions our Mentors may be able to provide for you to deliver projects in support of your primary objectives and key results. With an array of backgrounds, industry experience and unique talents, there are many services we could provide to you to support your startups growth. While special projects are not the primary foci of our efforts at present, if we or any of our Mentors might help deliver a special project, please connect with us.
If you are seeking a longer term relationship and need advice, coaching and mentorship from former founders you haven't been able to find on your own, request a free Startup Assessment and coaching session and let's determine if we will be able to accelerate your business growth together.
Are you an accelerator or incubator?
Several of our core Mentors, including our Entrepreneur in Residence has worked with several accelerator programs as Mentors and advisors to the program, working to improve the overall startup journey through the program and the value created. Our lessons learned from working with different startup ecosystems around the world may be just the thing you need to take your program to the next level.
While there are a wide array of special projects we could do with accelerator programs, we are particularly interested in:
- Providing professional mentors for your next startup class.
- Producing a training workshop to improve the quality of your existing Mentor program.
- Managing your Mentor Community to improve the results they deliver to your startups and provide more value to the mentors.
- Inviting your mentors to apply to join our network, to connect them with more opportunities to grow and connect outside of your network.
If you would like to talk to us further about our solutions and services for Accelerators, please connect with us through this specific inquiry form.
Smooth Scaling ServicesHave a need for immediate guidance? Leverage our mentor's expertise.
- Choosing the right Accelerator Program
- Accelerator Application Support
- Independent Advisory Board Management
- Founding Team Dynamics and Coaching
- Turnaround / Pivot Analysis and Planning
- Ecosystem Thinking Strategy and Tactics
- Accelerator / Incubator Services
- Other Special Projects